We are proud to announce that HALLMARKS OF LABOUR Foundation’s 23rd Anniversary comes up on October 6, 2019.The highlight of the Event as always, will be the presentation of the HLF Role Model Awards to some Great Nigerians who by their achievement and sacrifice have placed their footprints on the sands of time.
Our aim is not only to celebrate these patriots but also to use their legacies as examples for the younger generation to emulate. So far, 59 distinguished Nigerians have been honoured with these prestigious awards starting from 1997-to date.
The Chairman is His Lordship
The Honourable Justice Mariam Aloma Mukhtar GCON, HLR
Former Chief Justice of Nigeria
Chief Host, Professor Emeritus Umaru Shehu CFR, CON, HLR and Dr Christopher Kolade CFR,HLR
We look forward to a glorious event.
AWARD CATEGORIES AND THE CRITERIA
- HLF LIFE-TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FOR EXEMPLARY/ COURAGEOUS SERVICE TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF OUR LEGAL SYSTEM
Criteria: This award recognizes men and women with proven track records in upholding truth and justice and/or whose services in the legal profession have contributed significantly to the advancement of the Nigerian legal system — through advocacy, adjudication, writing or academics.
- HLF-UMARU SHEHU LIFE-TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FOR CONSISTENT ADVOCACY FOR POSITIVE CHANGE IN THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM
Criteria: Nominees must be academics who have been consistent in their advocacy for:
- Improvements in the standard and quality of learning in the University System.
- Enabling the University System to be a catalyst for National Development.
- HLF-EMEKA ANYAOKU LIFE-TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD TO NIGERIA’S OUTSTANDING INTERNATIONAL ICON
Criteria: Nominees must be internationally-recognized Nigerians who have held strategic positions in global institutions and have impacted greatly on Nigeria.
- HLF ROLE MODEL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE FOR LAND-MARK DECISIONS IN THE JUDICIARY
Criteria: Nominees must be Judges with notable and forthright decisions despite prevailing circumstances, and/or have established precedence in the advancement of the law and/or the legal profession.
5.HLF-ROLE MODEL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP AND GOOD GOVERNANCE IN PUBLIC OR BUSINESS SECTOR.
Criteria: Nominees should be Entrepreneurs, past or serving State Governors, Federal Ministers, Speakers of the three tiers of Government who have significantly conducted public affairs to enhance the well-being of the people in their areas of jurisdiction.
- HLF ROLE MODEL AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE FIELD OF MEDICINE
- The awardee should have made a scientific contribution of internationally recognized standards which has been shown to be of important benefits to a large number of the people of the world transcending national boundary.
- The awardee should have made successfully an application of a body of scientific knowledge to the benefits of a large number of the people of the world transcending national boundary.
- 7. CHRISTOPHER KOLADE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONALISM IN THE MEDIA
Nominees will be men and women who have registered a verifiable track record of exemplary leadership, and added eminent value in professionalism in Communication Media in Nigeria.